Your enquiry has been sent to DMS.
Certificate III in Sterilisation Services
This qualification covers workers who provide a range of varied activities in a sterilising service or department.
- Did you know there may be government funding or incentives available to help cover the cost of this course?
- Potential Course Delivery: Classroom, E-Learning, Blended Learning, Work Place Learning, Distance, Recognition of Prior Learning
- Click here to download course details as a PDF
This qualification could be applied to the following jobs:
JOB DESCRIPTION: Workers perform a range of varied activities in a sterilising service or department.
- CORE UNITS (10 required)
- Communicate and work effectively in health
- Comply with infection control policies and procedures in health work
- Participate in OHS processes
- Clean reusable medical equipment
- Inspect and pack items
- Sterilise loads
- Manage sterile stock
- Disinfect re-usable medical devices
- Care for surgical instruments
- Follow safe manual handling practices
- ELECTIVE UNITS (5 required)
- Contribute to effective workplace relationships (mandatory)
- Inspect, fold and pack theatre linen
- Identify and move to maintain a sterile field
- Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- Contribute to team effectiveness