Your enquiry has been sent to DMS.
Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
This is the trade qualification for tilers who learn to lay ceramic, clay, slate, marble, glass and other types of tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes.
- Did you know there may be government funding or incentives available to help cover the cost of this course?
- Potential Course Delivery: Classroom, E-Learning, Blended Learning, Work Place Learning, Distance, Recognition of Prior Learning
- Click here to download course details as a PDF
This qualification could be applied to the following jobs:
JOB DESCRIPTION: Tilers lay ceramic, clay, slate, marble, glass and other types of tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes.
- Core Units - 16 required
- Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- Plan and organise work
- Conduct workplace communication
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Apply basic levelling procedures
- Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- Handle wall and floor tiling materials
- Use wall and floor tiling tools and equipment
- Prepare surfaces for tiling application
- Fix floor tiles
- Fix wall tiles
- Repair wall and floor tiles
- Carry out mosaic tiling
- Tile curved surfaces
- Apply waterproofing process to internal wet areas
- Elective Units - 3 required
- Carry out decorative tiling
- Carry out concreting to simple forms
- Manage small business finances